Monday February 5
At
the beginning of the concept development class on Monday February 5, we had
been separated to four groups to talk about designers of 2015 and their competencies’.
In my group, we started to read each 13
competencies and found out what their meanings were. Some of them were easy to
understand, but some were really complicated that each of us shared his or her
opinion or thoughts to help each other to understand the meaning of them. After
that, we started to discuss about how we learn those 13 competencies in our
classes and outside of our schools. I didn’t pay attention seriously to that
part, but when our teacher Jimmy mentioned that how we learn in class or what
we have done that helps us to learn these skills, I started to think about that
question deeply. Then I realized that each time our teachers ask us to use some
materials and do some kind of activities or projects, we learn many things that
help us to develop our skills. Also, I realized that even non major classes help
us to understand and learn some of those competencies. For example, one of the
competencies was “ability to work in a global environment with understanding of
cultural preservation.” So I found out that my learning from my cultural communication
class could help me in my career in future. I have always thought that why I have to learn
those non major subjects and that day, I found out the answer of my question.
After
that discussion we watched a documentary film called “Freedom on the fence” which
was about Polish posters in World War II. The documentary film showed very interesting
posters from those days and some artists’ interviews. They explained their art
works and the influence of their works to communism. That film gave me some new
information from the art and its history. There were many interesting art works
that got my attention. One of them was the picture of a man who had a robe
around his neck, inside his eyes ears and mouth. This poster was called “police”
and my understanding from that poster was that police did very scary and painful
things to criminals or maybe to public and they were cruel people on that period
of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment