Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Monday, February 18


Today on February 18 we started our concept development class with sitting in order of our height. This was another group activity that we have to solve them as a group work. However, this time we messed up because we had few people that set on wrong sets include myself. I felt really bad because we have always solved those small problems easily without any mistakes. This was a good example for me to not to think that a problem is really easy and I can do that very fast and easily. However, I have to pay attention to the details of each problem and give myself an amount of time to solve. In this problem, we asked the height of each other, but we didn’t actually look closely and see if our heights are in order or not.

The next thing that we did was presenting our game concepts to the class, and we had critic. It was really interesting to see what other people think and what kind of games could be made. We didn’t only look at the games concept itself, but also how the person presented and explained the games to the class. I learned lot about how to present and talk to audiences. For example, tone and speed of talking are very important elements of speech. Another was not argue with audiences and not use some words such as “em” or “as I said” while presenting or answering to audiences questions, by using a phrase like “as I said” we kind of giving the massages that you are fool and you don’t understand what I said.  The really interesting fact that jimmy mentioned was that one wrong word could stay in people’s memories and they never goanna forget the word that you said many years ago. All student didn’t have the chance to present their games include myself, so we decided to continue the rest next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment