Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wednesday, February 20


My Game Concept
On Wednesday, February 20 in concept development class we had the rest of our class presentations and critics. As class presented their games concepts we learned more and more about how to preset our works and how contact with audiences. I was really nerves that day because I knew that I had to go to present my game concept. I always get nerves when it is time to speak or talk, and the most difficult part of my nervousness is to talk English. English is my third language and I have been in the USA almost five years, so learning and talking English is very hard for me. I relaxed myself and decided to go to do my presentation. I tried to be seen that I am relax and comfortable. I did my presentation and I noticed my mistakes.

First mistake was about my elements that I had on my board. I had a drawing of little princess on my board who pointed to the story of the games. My teacher jimmy said that she is really distracting things. I had thought so when I had been working on my board, but then I wanted my little cute princess be on the board because she was cute and could get the children’s attention to the game. The second problem was my path on the game board; it wasn’t visible enough.  The third problem was my language. As I said, in some places I messed up with words that I wanted to use. I forgot what I wanted to say, so I confused my audiences. Language difficulty is the biggest problem that I have in my classes. It makes me upset and uncomfortable; I can’t say what I want and what I think. Anyway, I really enjoyed this week of classes because I learned so many thing about presentation and attitude while presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment