Game Concept
Game concept was our topic on Wednesday,
February 13 in concept development class. Our homework for that day was to
bring nine different original game concepts to the class with titles and some sketches.
Therefore we gather all together and started to show and talked about our games
concept one by one. I haven’t pay attention to the concept of each game until
that day. We all participate in the discussion about which game concept and
idea is better that other and why. All of us have different ideas and stories. Some
made board games, some card, and etc. again I felt the same felling, that I had
had while I was playing game on Monday, when my class mates were talking and
explaining their games. Some games seem to have so much fun and in some games you
have to concentrate and focus on what you do.
When I had been thinking about my
games to make I asked many different questions to myself. For example, what
would my game made up? Why I am making this game and what age would be my audiences?
What is the story of my game? How players
would play this game? And so on. These and many other questions came to my mind
that could help me to come up with different game concepts and I tried not to repeat
the same concept over and over again. I came up with these questions because I had
felt differently when I was playing different games on Monday. One thing got my
attention that our teacher Jimmy said that you have to ask yourself why this
game and the concept are better that the others and why your client has to take
your idea and not others. He added that we always have to be critical and not
use our personal thoughts and emotion feelings when we are explaining the reasons
to our clients. This fact helps me to pay attention to my designs and always make
sure to have good reasons for anything
that I do in my design to earn my clients trust and confidence.
No comments:
Post a Comment