Seven Deadly Sins and Concept
Maps
On Wednesday February 6, in concept development class
we put our seven deadly sins designs on the tables to show to our classmates. That
was very interesting activity because each of us had different ideas and style
to show those seven sins. For example, some made them scary, some had funny
images, some used symbols and some were abstract. Each of them communicates
those seven sins with the audiences and viewers. After looking at them, we had
a discussion about how we can judge to the best design. We came up with
different aspects, such as color, composition, symbol, funny and etc. the last
and the most important one was the ideas and communication. Our teacher; Jimmy
explained that the communication is the most important thing in a design and I
agree with him. A design could be very well organized, colored, drawn, and
symbolized, but not communicate with audiences. Therefore, designer should
think about communication before drawing or designing.
The second part of the class, we learn about the
concept map, and why we do and how to do them. It was very interesting topic, and
it gave me very interesting information about our mind reaction to design,
creation and ideas. One slide of the concept map lecture got my attention
because it mentioned the same problem that I have when I want to start a
project. I have so many ideas in my mind that I get confused and lost in them,
so I usually try to change my mind to other topics and not to think about that
until night. In my bed when no body and nothing distract me I can focus my mind
on project and get the solution for it.
The concept map idea helps me to understand that we have to write our
ideas on the paper and develop them step by step. It is like a brain storming,
but in design style. At the end of the class, we practice one of those concept
map exercises which were enjoyable and challengingly.
No comments:
Post a Comment