Feelings of Playing Games
On
Monday, February 11, on my concept development class I played some games and I experienced
different feelings of each games. I have played many different games when I was
a child, but since I was a teenager I haven’t played any board games. I experienced
many different feelings, such as happiness, stress, worries, board and fun on
Monday by playing those different games. I have never paid attention to those
feelings that I felt while I was playing board games. However, on Monday, when
our teacher Jimmy told us to pay attention to our feelings, I realized that not
all games have the same effect on players. I had so much fun playing one game,
but I was so board playing the other
that I didn’t finish it either. Also, how to play and how to when are different
in each game. For example, I played one games that winning was based on luck
because we had to roll toss; on the other hand, the other game that I played,
we had to think and used our brain to win.
By
experiencing those different feeling while I was playing games, I realized that
a game designer has to experience those feeling and think about the game that he
or she wants to make. They should pay attention to those feelings that each
player will have. Do they want their players have fun or do they want them to use
their brain and figure out what to do? Also the age of players is important
part. For example, when I played one game I got really board because that game
was made for little children. Therefore, game designers should pay attention
the age of their players. Over all that day besides having lot of fun, I experience
new feelings, and I learned new things about games.
No comments:
Post a Comment