Imaginer
“Imaginer”
was the subject of the concept development class on Wednesday, January17, 2013.
Every person explained the “imaginer” word differently. First, when our teacher
Jimmy Moss wrote that word on the backboard, I was thinking about Disney and I said
“be creative”. I think that Disney’s workers should be very creative and
imaginative. I always look forward to be one of them. “Imaginative” in design
field is one of the important skills that each designer should have to be able to
create new things.
After
talking about imaginer we watched TED show where a designer; Stefan, was talking
about how he crated new things and solved a problem by taking a year time off. I
think that is a good idea to give ourselves free time to think and create new
things. Some designers have creativity and imagination, but they are too busy
with other things like their regular life, so they cannot use their imagination
and creativity and develop their ideas. Therefore, giving ourselves free time
is the best solution to this problem. We should focus on design and looking a
solution to the problem and not think and worry about other things.
The
last thing that we had done was to make a phrase for two magazine photos that we
had brought in class. We had to use words that could change the meaning, mood
and emotion of the pictures. We came up with many different phrases which some
was funny and some was serious. Although not all the word was perfect for those
pictures and they didn’t relate to the subject, I was very surprised that we came
up with so many phrases for those pictures. At first, I thought that we would find
just few words, but that practice helped me to understand that there were many
words that can be related to those pictures. I came up that idea that designers
should think more and more even though they find a solution; they have to think
to find the other ones because the first think that come to their mind is not
the perfect one. They have to think more and find other ideas and as they make
ideas they will see that their solutions get better and better.
good
ReplyDelete