First day of the Class
On
Monday, January 7, 2013, was my first class meeting of the concept development
class; art 220, at Cal State LA. This class meeting was totally different from
my other classes that I have had. We started the class by playing a game. Each
student had to stand and introduce him or herself and stated three things about
him or herself; one of those three had to be a lie and the other students had
to think and say which one was the lie based on their logic or guess. This game
was a good practice for me to develop and explore some of my skills like
thought, logic and risk.
One
of the outcomes of this game was that I understand that not always logic is
right, and sometimes, I have to rely on my thought and presumption. Also, I
found out that it is not a right thing to judge a person just based on their
looks, clothes and behavior. For example, sometimes people make wrong thoughts
about others just by looking at them, but later, when they get friend and
communicate with each other, they find out things that are totally opposite of
what they have thought about that person.
The
other positive outcome of that game was to trust our self and take a risk. For
example, some people’s lie was very hard to find, so we had to take the risk
and choose one of them. As a human, in our life we sometimes get in to the
situations that we have to take the risk and make a choice. In these situations
we have to listen to our inside and hearts. In my life, it has happened that I
have been in the situation that I thought that I couldn’t handle it based on my
logic, but inside myself somebody says that I can do it. Therefore, I have to
trust myself and take the risk.
My
first day of the class could be ridicules for some people or useful for others.
For me, this game was as useful as a lesson of a book. It challenged my logic,
believes and risk, and help me to know where and how to use my skills. The
logic is not always right and we have to sometimes listen to our inside’s voice
and take the risk.
No comments:
Post a Comment