Have
you experienced your own or other people's fear-based reactions to your
creative education and career choices?
How
have you successfully overcome these reactions?
What is
your concept of your creative process?
How do
you approach creating, making?
Fear and the Creative Process
Yes, I have experienced my own fear
in my education and career life. Since I was a child, I have loved to draw and
paint specially the cartoon characters. After graduated from the high school, I
decided to major animation or graphic design in the college. However, people around
me gave the fear that I couldn’t find a job, and there would be no money in
those carriers. They suggested me to study nursing or accounting, but I didn’t like
those majors. On the other hand, I was worried about my future; I didn’t want
to be unemployed after all of those hard times learning animation or graphic
design. After passing those hard days, finally, I decided to go and talk to
those people who are designers or studying graphic design. I also talked to my concealers,
teachers and family members. Then I decided to study a carrier that I love because
I can improve myself, and I can be a successful person in that carrier than
others. My family also helped me to make this decision. I prefer to make less
money, but have the carrier that I can have fun with it.
When I designing, drawing or
painting I something like to be in a relax and peaceful place where no one can interrupt
or distract me. I like to take as much time that I need to make my projects
look perfect. I sometimes listen to classic music while I drawing or painting,
but most of the time I like that my mind be focused on my projects. My creative
process works like this. First, I read the instructions of my projects few times
to understand what they need. Then, I started thinking and making many different
ideas and sketching them on the piece of paper. I usually think about my
projects at night while I go to bed because I don’t get distract by anything. After
making some ideas, I show them to my friend who are also studying graphic
design and my family to let them look at them and tell me what they thing. When
I choose my final idea, I put it on the computer and started to develop it. Not
every time my final design looks like my sketches that I made at first because
sometimes the position, color and concept of my elements don’t work when I put
them together and I have to make a big changes to make a successful design. Also,
sometimes I get totally different ideas while playing with my design elements
on the computer. Therefore, my sketches are just starting point.
No comments:
Post a Comment